It's amazing what you can haul with a Mazda Miata.

I grew up owning pickup trucks. I loved the convenience of being able to haul furniture, equipment and whatever else I wanted. As the economy changed and gas prices went through the roof, I bought a Mazda Miata. I still haul things, but now I get some interesting looks...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

2500 pound pull behind smoker

The 1990 Miata weighs about 2000 pounds. 2300ish with me in.

The 1.6L produces just under 100 horsepower.

How well did it pull this 2500 pound trailer with grill and a full load of wood? Surprisingly well. It took a bit to get to cruising speeds, the brakes were completely useless, the bottom end kept bouncing off the bumpstops, but it could be done! Thankfully, I never drove it on the freeway. It would have flipped the car the first headwind, no doubt.



0 comments:


Website Design by DenisBaldwin.Net

Back to TOP